• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defense against grapplers

Ueshirokarate

I can't find any fault with what Alex and Ueshirokarate both have pointed out; both have solid points.

Preference I suppose.

:)

AGREED!

I feel its à topic dear to all Karateka's hearts we just need to watch the first lot of UFC matches to see that Karateka had no idea what grappling was all about.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find any fault with what Alex and Ueshirokarate both have pointed out; both have solid points.

Preference I suppose.

AGREED!

I feel its à topic dear to all Karateka's hearts we just need to watch the first lot of UFC matches to see that Karateka had no idea what grappling was all about.

Solid post!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Preference I suppose.

The only thing I want to add here is this; I just think you need to play within the rules of your system. If those who are above you have no problem with you bringing in outside techniques, the by all means do so. If those above you want to only teach the official curriculum than you should respect that. If it is you or your own school/system then do as you wish IMHO.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)