• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello

whitegi

Hello. I'm new to all of this, so I'd just like to introduce myself. I'm whitegi. I was just wondering, I've been on the FAQs and it says that changing your rank depends on how many messages you post. Does that mean that my belt won't reflect my actual grade?

Furthermore, if I know a bit of HTML code, is there any point in using it to format messages?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The "belt" by your name is just your post count; it would be a bit silly to use belt colors in a world where the belt systems are not coherent. For instance, in my art, the highest belt color in the system is white, after going through combinations of greens, yellows, blues, etc in more or less that order. What good is it to anyone to know if i'm going for a yellow belt if they don't know that that's more or less a dan ranking? Plus, even within belt systems, there's no consistancy. One school's brown belt might barely rank orange in another school in the same lineage.

I believe it just uses PHPBB codes, not HTML codes, for security reasons.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Welcome aboard, whitegi. :) Glad to have you.

Justice pretty much covered it. You are free to mention your rank in your signature, the styles field in your profile, etc.

Thanks,

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...