• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

abused ( held my nerve or chickened out??)

shinobitribe

It takes more of a MAN to walk away from a fight than it does to stand and confront.

You did good, I remember a time when I had an ex-landlord who decided, I broke his boiler and wanted money from me (this was long after I had leeft his property) I refuse to pay as it was completely fabricated, he turned up at my DOJO (bad thing to do) demanding, infront of my students, I asked him to leave, I wanted to but didn't annilate him, but I stayed calm and my assistant instructor moved him out the door, not seen him since so I don't know what he said to my ex-landlord, lol.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

happened to me once, the first thing that came to my mind was of the consequences like one thing leading to another, did you have this sense of fear after the encounter or what? i reckon how you walk away is important...

elaborating my situation, there were basically three of us on our way to dojo, and the person was just alone who abused us, no doubt the person would have been beaten up, but i controlled the situation, what went through me basically was that of shock, that i wasn't prepared for this

People often think emotions have a lot more subtlety than they do. It's the narrative that people create, often after the fact, that contains the subtlety. Emotions are often very simple states that you are places into in order to tell a bunch of organic bits of your body what sort of mode to go into. "adrenalized" is often interpreted as fear or anger or any number of other things. But really, at it's core it's just how you describe and narrativize the biological condition of an adrenaline dump from your brain's primitive bits going "This is a potential threat - adrenaline now!" to which you have the physical symptoms of adrenaline. The adrenaline was there for good reason - if things went sour, you want to be on alert, blood flow tuned for combat, et cetera.

Sooo.. disentangle the symptoms of adrenaline from your narrative and all you are left with is "I walked out a door. A potentially threatening person did something that was potentially threatening. I walked away. Nothing else came of it." Sounds like everything went well for you.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

You shouldn't trouble yourself on what's going through your mind too much upon walking away like that.

You had no need to fight this guy, and you didn't. Don't worry about it from there.

If your concerned about what's going through your head afterwards, about how you fealt, maybe you should look into some books on cultivating your mindset to the way you want to think. As with anything, though, it takes training to get good at it. Use this experience to learn and train.