• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fumio Demura

monkeymorgan

I saw Sensei Demura for the first time today since he became ill. He had a stiff leg, walker, smaller belly and for the first time he look like he was in in 70s. It was really sad and hope that this won't be the last time I get to see him. Everyone should take any chance they get to see him because I don't know how many chances are left.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I saw Sensei Demura for the first time today since he became ill. He had a stiff leg, walker, smaller belly and for the first time he look like he was in in 70s. It was really sad and hope that this won't be the last time I get to see him. Everyone should take any chance they get to see him because I don't know how many chances are left.

I had heard he had taken ill and had stopped teaching classes regularly. Thanks for the update and hopefully he will make a miraculous recovery.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

I had heard he had taken ill and had stopped teaching classes regularly. Thanks for the update and hopefully he will make a miraculous recovery.

I echo the words of Wastelander. Hang in there Demura Sensei!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that he's up and around on his own power is already evidence of a great recovery. He credits his strength to his karate training.

From that I hear, that's what his seminars are about these days. He has shifted his focus from teaching techniques to telling people about the positive effect training can have on your life, and how it saved his.

I've had the privilege of participating in discussions with Demura Sensei on a few occasions, and I've always found him to be a rare combination of impressive and humble.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

• 4 months later...