• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not Again!!

sensei8

I got a summons for Jury Duty...again...May 14th. This is my third summons in four years...sheech!!

Anybody else get a lot of Jury Duty summons, or is it just me?!?

:x

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've only had one, on an assault trial. I never want to be on trial here. General opinion in this county is either that anyone who has been arrested is guilty, or that the legal system is the enemy. Guess which ones actually show up for duty.

Imagine a 20 year old me heatedly telling 11 people my parents' age what burden of proof means.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Well, I'm trying to be excused from jury duty because I'm the only one working since the company my wife worked for went out of business. I just think that it's crazy...3 summons in 4 years...and that's crazy, imho.

:)

That's quite a run, Bob. :)

I have been chosen once. I went to the court house, sat there for a day and didn't get called for anything. :)

Patrick

Jury duty in Tulsa, OK pays $20 per day, 37.5 cents per mile [i live 18 miles from downtown Tulsa], and actual parking expense, not to exceed $1.50 per day but free parking is provided in designated parking garage [5 minute walk each direction to and from the courthouse].

I'll be rolling in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:)

That sucks Bob! Though they must like you to keep inviting you back!!!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I happen to have an idiot cousin who will be going up for trial right around that time in Tulsa...perhaps me mentioning that fact will get you off the jury - although he needs to be locked up for a while. He was the "notorious" "car wash shooter." Freaking moron...

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

Well, I was excused from jury duty, BUT, I've been rescheduled for sometime in September. If my wife is still unemployed, I have to submit paperwork to support my wanting to be excused then.

I thought jury duty was an honor, but if I'm being FORCED, then it's no longer an honor to serve. Sheech.

:roll: