• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing me, I'd teach him a lesson he'd NEVER forget. :kaioken:

You're showing your age, Fang :P

I really don't think that's the way. Maybe he's had 9 years of poor training, or sporadic training. Maybe he's from a McDojo that just granted black belts left and right. Maybe he's got 9 years going from 6 to 15 years old and hasn't done anything in 10 years.

I started MA's when I was 13. Got injured at 17, stopped for a decade, came back, and got my black belt. When I came back, I wasn't as good as I was before I got injured. I still showed skill, but I also came from a dojo with an instructor that was ridiculously good and trained his students even better.

Some people come back after years and are out of their element. It really could be that he did have 9 years of training from a McDojo and got a black belt from that same McDojo years and years ago.

Beating up somebody to "teach them a lesson," to me, goes against what a black belt is.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

what did you end up doing Sensei8?

They were asking a hypothetical question.

I would teach them too. As long as they are respectable and not disruptive, of course.

I would also ask them to wear a rank appropriate for their skill level. If they moved like white belts, that's the rank I would give them.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█