• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mac vs Windows based PC

vantheman

What is your personal/favorite computer type?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personal/favorite computer type?

• Mac
    • Windows-based PC
    • Linux-Based PC
    • Chrome OS?
    • Smartphone

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a PC guy all the way, and so far, I haven't ran into anything I couldn't do with Windows. I think Win8 (Technically Windows NT 7.0) is going to be a big game changer. I did think the G3 Macs were pretty cool, though.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

About the only thing i've had issues with in Linux is running popular windows games (usually) and getting specific proprietary programs to work. I can almost always locate a free program to do the same thing, but the directions for how to use it are different and so the other people i'm working with don't know how to get it to do things I know it is able to do that I am trying to learn how to perform.

Plus, nowadays it's as user-friendly as Windows is. (sometimes less, sometimes more.)

So it's perfect for resurrecting an old computer that someone else has trashed and moved on from for free.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Always been on Windows. Had no problems with it and high school and university used to use it too so it was just easier to stick with Windows because then all my files and documents would transfer over easily.

Have been considering getting a Chromebook though.. anyone use ChromeOS?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

^yeah it is Linux based but everything is done through their web browser which I really like using anyway. Have a Windows desktop and wanted like a small netbook kind of thing to carry around.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Windows for me. It's what I'm used to. :) For those curious about such things, here are the top 10 operating systems used on KarateForums.com so far in 2012:

1. Windows, 67.86%

2. Macintosh, 9.79%

3. iPhone, 5.61%

4. Android, 5.56%

5. iPad, 4.09%

6. Linux, 2.31%

7. BlackBerry, 1.92%

8. (not set), 1.20%

9. iPod, 1.11%

10. Windows Phone, 0.12%

Technically speaking, iPhone, iPad and iPod aren't operating systems - they all run the same OS, Apple's iOS. But, this is just how our analytics program breaks them down. Add them up and iOS is 10.81%.

Patrick

Windows for me. It's what I'm used to. :) For those curious about such things, here are the top 10 operating systems used on KarateForums.com so far in 2012:

Technically speaking, iPhone, iPad and iPod aren't operating systems - they all run the same OS, Apple's iOS. But, this is just how our analytics program breaks them down. Add them up and iOS is 10.81%.

Patrick

I was wondering when I was going to get your response :D

iOS is more popular than OS X, :(

Do you have the specific Windows version? It would be funny to see who still uses XP...

Van

No, but it's just a Linux distribution with a lot of browser integration, as I recall.

You could call it browser integration, but its all just a browser... nothing else. Take Windows running Chrome and subtract windows... that's it.

(unless you put it in Dev mode, than you can put whatever the heck you want on it)

Van