• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any of you guys compete?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do it. It can only make you better. I usually do two to three comps per year. It's fun.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

If I'd had more warning, I'd have been at one this weekend. As it stands, there is one close by this far that we'll be encouraging some of our guys to enter.

Do it, enjoy it. Meet folks and learn some things.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

I can only echo what everyone else has said. If you even have an inkling that you want to try one, do it. You'll learn a lot, they are a ton of fun, and you get to see what other guys are working.

I don't think comps should be mandatory for promotion. Even Rickson Gracie, they guy in the family that was constantly fighting in his day, says that competition jiu jitsu is only about 30 percent of the art. However, I think that competing at least once in a while is a good gauge for you.

I usually end up with two or three per year.

I compete when I can I think I'm going to make a push to mtrain up for the next one that's close to me and train some guys up at my school to go too. I like meeting the people there and watching others to to see what's happening from diffrent gyms. And it's just fun.

I compete when I can I think I'm going to make a push to mtrain up for the next one that's close to me and train some guys up at my school to go too. I like meeting the people there and watching others to to see what's happening from diffrent gyms. And it's just fun.

If we compete in the fall, and I am saying we should, do I have to go to the old man division, or can I roll with the whipper snappers? :P

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

If we compete in the fall, and I am saying we should, do I have to go to the old man division, or can I roll with the whipper snappers? :P

Sure and when you win and make them look bad it's all the better :brow:

• 2 months later...