• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wearing your uniform outside of class

Haha, the stuff us Wado students have to go through eh!? :D

Well at least I only look like an 80s throwback in my white trousers and training jacket. I always get changed fully after Iaido practice as it doesn't pay to wander around the streets of Yorkshire in what looks like a skirt.

Brilliant, haha!

At least with Gi trousers I only resemble a Trade Painter/Decorator. Albeit a very neat Painter/Decorator..... with an ironing complex.. :)

Wado

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in McDonald's i saw 2 kids wearing their gi at McDonald's and they do taekwondo i think even in blockbuster too But for me as a Martial Artist I dont wear my gi outside i have to change before i go out of the dojo because wearing your gi outside is like showing off and stuff and i feel like when i wear my gi outside its like disrespecting my dojo and showing off

I love Shotokan Karate Do and American Kenpo Karate

Kids will be just that...kids. While I don't like it when any MAist wears their gi outside of the dojo, I tend to not get all bent out of shape whenever a kid does it. Yes, maybe it's showing off, but, I also think that kids do the craziest thing, including wearing their gi anywhere and everywhere.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I wear mine while walking home. When it's warm I don't throw a jacket over it even. I have had some dumb teenagers heckle me lightly about it, but shrugged it off as, well, dumb teenagers.

As a kid I would more often than not change before going home.