• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, you might have to change the name of your style...Its already taken by Rumiko Takahashi...

Anyone who knows about Ranma 1/2 (and will admit to watching anime) knows what I'm talking about :wink: I'm sure the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts would have something to say about it...

Of course, a literal translation of Saotome Musabetsu Kakutou Ryuu would be the Saotome School of Indiscriminate Fighting, but "Anything Goes" is probably more appropriate.

But...back to the actual topic of this post...

I think being eclectic is good, but there are obvious limits. Just hoping to absorb numerous styles without any sort of system seems rather difficult. But you do have to keep an open mind...I for one, actually do use a variant of drunken boxing in sparring, which is simply fun because it throws the opponent of guard and it is an incredible way to stay loose. It is important, however, as you go through your learning process, to have someone to guide you through your initial stages, or at least offer you feedback. They can give you advice on your technique that isn't readily apparent to you, since there are certain habits that you may not be aware of...

For wrist exercises, use an exercise hammer (basically any bar with a weight on the end will do). Mind you, this is just one of many wrist exercises out there. Hold the non-weighted end and move your wrist up and down, side to side, etc...

And back to Ranma...ITS FUNNY!!!!

Have a good one...and good luck...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know the answer to that question, but you should ask it under the Health forum.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

risingdragon are you serious about this, because I can't tell if your trying to be funny. I think your idea is interesting, but there is much more to MA's than just techniques. So unless you have studied the MA's all the different techniques came from, I would say you probably would not understand how to properly execute the respective technique. Also some styles vary so much that you would have to learn many ways of moving, and thus it would be too confusing.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 1 month later...

um, just found this post and um, well, all of the "techniques" mentioned by this guy are from tekken...

and the one inch punch is actually more of a training concept than a technique.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Yeah, O.K. keep it up I think you're on to something. Hey by the way I'm actually in the process of inventing a wheel that is in the shape of a circle, do you think it will work?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

if i get my footing right i can uppercut my partner about seven feet in the air!

now i just need to practice my bronze fist so i can catch him as he falls to juggle him some more!!!

:)

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."