• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does anyone want to hear about my style of martial arts

Ah yes mixing techniques uve seen or read and puttng them into practise without mastering the techniques seperatly, not saying its a bad thing definatly got ambition as ur taking urself very seriously, and obviously open minded to take in so many different styles and compare them... I used to do thes same when i was 12-16 i stopped then!

By The Time I was 16 i had sparred 3 times wid 2 different Ppl who did kickboxing (dont know what kind) and yes they were alot older and strong than me... But it was only because i was so much faster that the sessions lasted as long as they did... my technique was lame sept for a few punch combos and a couple of meaty kicks!

Id say learn a martial art from a pro it helps so much and then learn another, then another if u need to, maybe 2 at once if uve got time. Im not just saying that itl improve ur arts but its great social fun and ull learn alot more (not just the techniques) off ppl u spar, practise with and learn from.

Keep Working on ur own style but dont block the lessons u can learn from the world around youll gain Knowledge faster and more accuratly that way :idea:

-Give As You Expect To Get-

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i really don't care what u think kyle-san. You can think i'm a fool or not. It really won't stop me from practicing my style. and since when does this sound like anything from a bad video game. I'm telling this intelligently. plus others thought he was a fool. but he was capable of proving his theories as i shall.

The first few posts you made, specifically about the names of moves (and their descriptions) and the number of arts you're allowed to "mix" into your style scream bad video game/cartoon plot. It's good that you don't care about what I think and won't let it stop you, because I intend to keep saying it.

If on the off chance that this does turn out well and as a sucessful martial art I'll come apologize in person, but until then I'll keep up my skepticism.

i got a question could anyone tell me when in a fight how to predict a punch. Is through shoulders, twitching of a muscle. Any info would help.

Most people give away their target by looking at it first, but an experience fighter will know how to avoid that. Without relying on the person's eyes, watch the shoulders, arms, even a slight shift forward or backward can indicate the move.

However, it's difficult to predict with any kind of consistancy and if you're thinking about what you have to do your mind tends to react a bit slower and by that time the attack is already to you.

:karate: alright thanks. though it's hard since a person's eyes just flinch. is there anyway where i can stop having my eyes flinch too much so i can properly see the attack. well i got into a fight today against a big 10th grader. i didn't see he's hook. though he punched like my sister. he was strong since he was big. i was about to turn it over but i was held back.

Whatever happens happens

:karate: alright thanks. though it's hard since a person's eyes just flinch. is there anyway where i can stop having my eyes flinch too much so i can properly see the attack. well i got into a fight today against a big 10th grader. i didn't see he's hook. though he punched like my sister. he was strong since he was big. i was about to turn it over but i was held back.

There's no way of being able to not flinch without a lot of practice. You just have to train yourself, your mind, to focus your eyes on one spot but still be able to watch the rest of the person's body. It's hard to do, I've been working at it for 8 years and I still flinch now and again.