does anyone want to hear about my style of martial arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been doing this for a year. well i tested it against my half brother.

I'll be a witch here ... sorry ...

After a single year you are NOT proficient ... even if you train seriously. Sparring with few persons won't do you any good. You must meet many practitioners... And you MUST train under an instructor. i remember starting to learn English ... I thought I could do it on my own ... Well I couldn't. There must be someone to guide you.

The "compilation" of other styles can be done by someone who previously has studied them and became proficient.

And as Xtreme Fury said ... Find a school. This project of yours is to be admired, but in order to start your style ... you must learn a style :D cause otherwise there's no starting point.

Hope I didn't offend you ... It's good you have imagination and you THINK. It'll help you. After you studied some styles you'll feel their weaknesses and AFTERWARDS try to avoid them by taking only the great stuff from them ...

Good luck

of course i'm going to get registered in a school. Plus with hard training with mind, body, and spirit you can achieve. Plus do know how a master made his own style by years of pratice of course i'll train in my style and other martial art school styles till i die. I'm in love with martial arts ever since i was 5. My uncle was a big fan of bruce lee. so i think i got basic jeet kune do training. and xtreme fury i do know the use of the horse stance. It's good for attacking and defending. Though it has some sides that your oppenent can attack. plus it's not mobile.

Whatever happens happens

• 3 weeks later...
:karate: I'm getting stronger and faster each day. My techs are getting better to the point where i can execute them instincitvly. I also have came up with a new technique called the rapid closed scissor jab. I'm also going to try another technique called the snake bite. Anyone having questions on how to strengthening your finger for these two. I'll be here ready to answer them.

Whatever happens happens

• 2 months later...

at least go to sseminars and when u do join a dojo, stay away from hard styles like karate and tae kwon do that force u to follow their set of techniques, choose a martial art that has an open mind like systema, or bjj, or shooto

good luck

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

It sounds more like playing a video game than anything else.
I hate to say it, but that's just what I was thinking as I read this thread....

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

• 4 weeks later...

hey, what if this kid is really good? Bruce Lee must have sounded like as much of a fool to his contemporaries.

Also, you do not know the use of the horse stance if you think anyone recommends it as a fighting stance, it is for focusing and training powerful punches.

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

hey, what if this kid is really good? Bruce Lee must have sounded like as much of a fool to his contemporaries.

Good or not, Bruce Lee was able to put his ideas across intelligently and not sound like something out of a bad video game. Have you actually read all his posts in this topic?

well i really don't care what u think kyle-san. You can think i'm a fool or not. It really won't stop me from practicing my style. and since when does this sound like anything from a bad video game. I'm telling this intelligently. plus others thought he was a fool. but he was capable of proving his theories as i shall.

Whatever happens happens