• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does anyone want to hear about my style of martial arts

When I first moved to this part of the world in 1985, all I heard about was this high school kid..11th grader at the time..who was supposed to be this martial arts marvel. Well, after a few months of that, I sought him out and asked him if I could watch his class. He had maybe 8 other high school kids, and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my 29+ years in the arts! Absolutly PATHETIC! He proudly showed me 2 shelves full of video tapes and books about variosu arts, and a wall full of weapons.

I asked him what sort of formal training he had, and he said he took a few months of San soo locally a couple of years before, but felt he could learn more from his videos and books.

Long story short, the kid was basically at a total loss as to what the arts are about. His technique was weak, powerless, sloppy and just plain worthless.

I see the same thing in your words risingdragon. Take the advice of others. Find a good school, learn a REAL martial art, and maybe...just maybe...in 20-30 years, you might be good enough to start your own art.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not like that 11th grader i only have basic moves like side kicks, spin kicks and etc. I know how to generate power to my hands and feet. i take my way of fighting seriously believe me or not i don't care.

p.s. do anyone no how to stop these annoying messenger service pop up ads

Whatever happens happens

You only know a few basic techniques, and you feel qualified to start your own system? *rolling my eyes here* Think about it for a second, and maybe you'll realize how rediculous that sounds. I can't believe this thread has gone 10+ pages now. I'm done posting on this one people. NEXT!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I used to have my own style when I was around 10 and 13 years old. Seriously, me and my friend made up a whole array of different techniques and practiced them on each other. It was fun. But our little martial art sucked beyond belief, half of the techniques involved backlfips, running along side walls and shooting fire out of our hands. But, heh, it was fun.

I suggest you join a martial arts school, any martial art that seems to attract you. Then become proficient in it, and start making it your own. You know, everyone in the United States can speak English (err.. atleast it used to be that way) but we all have different accents and ways of pronouncing words that give it our own "style".

Man.. I'm not sure how much of what I said made sense :/ but, I hope you get the general idea.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Since nothing else is worth debating in this thread, I'll answer rising dragon's only well thought out question.

If you're using microsoft XP do the following to disable the messenger service:

Go to Control panel

Select Performance and Maintenance

Select Services

Look throught the services and find Messenger

Disable and switch it to manual start-up.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Bah! I wanted to answer that question!

risingdragon: you need you a good firewall. You're computer is attatched directly to the internet. very bad news if you're running any version of windows.