• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does anyone want to hear about my style of martial arts

Since i'm not enrolled in any martial art dojo yet. i just practice my own by taking techinques from other martial art styles. This style of fighting is called anything goes. The reason why i called it was one i couldn't find a name to call it and two it makes sense to give it that name since sparring or fighting can turn up unpredictable u don't know what style your oppenent has. So if u have any type of styles just comprised into one. u can take your oppenent by surprise. Anyway enough of my talk. let me tell u want this style is all about. with this style u can use any fighting style. one with no techinques just go crazy punching or kicking. or u can just fight as a sensible ma would. U can change your stance from anything. Like for example your own stance that u just made up that only seems to be able to go against the fighter's fighting style. Also when your fighting u can just mix two ma style's while your fighting. for example jeet kune do and drunken boxing. (if u happened to learn that style). well thats about it. send me any question of this style of fighting.

Whatever happens happens

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a fun style lol I do that to, like using different strikes and stances from other styles and incorporating them with my sparring and such even tho im already learning a specific style (Goju Ryu)

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

Your style sounds very interesting, I want hear more, but I have a couple of questions. How long have you been doing this?? I'm just wondering, because, i'm just curious. It sounds very adaptable Have you tested this in a real street combat situation?? I really do want to hear more, you have my interest perked. I just want to know Have you ever had any formal training?? What is some philososphy your style has that you might want to share, to further our understanding. :karate:

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

i have been doing this for a year. well i tested it against my half brother. We kinda have the sparring in tournament style. the person have to win 5 times. I made the first 2 points, but since he was stronger and faster then me, he beat me. i didn't have any techs at that time that i could use to better adapt against him. but it did work i took him by surprise though. yes i had formal training when i was 5 years old. my uncle was a big fan of bruce lee and he kinda of did jeet kune do. he only taught me the basics punching, kicking, and blocking. the philosophy that this style has is that when your opponent has u countered your techinques. u adapt by either forming three to five techs during the fight to adapt and to surprise your oppenent to a style that his style can't counter against. u can also change it the tech if possible that better suits u in fighting an oppenent.

Whatever happens happens

So does your style require a lot of thinking??? I'm trying to understand, how do you know how effective it is in a street combat situation, because afterall, that's where it really counts. Let me see if I got it...basically, you learn a multitude of techniques from all systems, and use them to adapt to an opponent, as the fight progresses. So what are your concepts on fighting, and the different adaptations necessary when in a fight. Because as we all know a fight is unpredicatble anything can happen in a fight. BTW, how do you train??

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

yes the style do require using your mind too. I understand what your trying to tell me. the way i find my techs effective is if the tech i execute i is far to slow. or if i have formed that tech that it's so terrible that somone can easliy block it or just move away. but since i won't know if it's truly effective i got to try it out. so i get my brother or friends and spar with them to see if it's properly executed. if i'm unable to get them i just pretend i'm fighting someone and start using my techs. if one executed slowly and doesn't to be able to pack much power i train hard on the techs that i need to fix up.

p.s are u asking me how train like in moves only or the physical type training like running and doing pushups and stuff.

Whatever happens happens

I'm talking about the moves. i.e. how would YOU defend against a straight punch?? or Roundhouse to the head?? etc...also, where are you from?? I didn't see it in your profile, so I'm just curious :D have you had the chance to apply your theories against a skilled martial arts practitioner?? Thanks :karate:

Animis Opibusque Parati