• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Info on Old Books

Rocky

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.I am not a Karate practitioner myself,but my father studied Shotokan Karate with Sensei Eneoda at the Red Triangle in Liverpool a long,long time ago.

I now own some of the books on Karate that my dad bought back then and would like some info.......I am not interested in selling them,but i would like to know more of their value(if any) for insurance purposes.

One of the books is ‘Basic Karate Katas’ by H. Kanazawa....This is a first edition,first print(1968).Everywhere i've looked online,the only ones i can find are 3rd editions upwards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting. A Kanazawa Sensei book from a student of Eneoda Sensei! Do you know the history of those 2 karateka and how they got on together?

Do a search on Amazon to see what they're going for, 1st editions are usually higher in price but to make anything drastic there needs to be a demand for it

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Thank you for getting back to me....I know a little about Enoeda and Kanazawa.My dad and Enoeda were close friends back then.Enoeda even stayed with him for a while and went drinking in the local pub.

I can't find any first editions at all.I think the Hawaii Karate Museum has a 3rd edition?.Other than that,i haven't found anyone who has a first edition.

Do you have a book store dedicated to old/rare books where you live? In Tulsa, we've Gardners Book Store, and they've over 1 million old/rare books and I've found some MA gems there from time to time. If so, call/write them and they might be able to assist you in your search.

Good luck.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!