• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I train at Judo many years and i can tell you that if someone knows good ukemis should not have problem with the throws.We do at least 100 kake(throws)i my dojo every day and no one gets hurt.We also do a lot of Newaza so i dont need BJJ.One thing i dont like about most BJJ practicioners i have met is that they think that BJJ is the ultimate art and all the other arts are useless.Plus they do only newaza,they dont know much about Tachi waza.Judo is perfect for every Karateka IMO.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It not a question of what style is better. It's about what style you want to add to your response pattern that is more likely to plug holes in your game. If your goal is to add throws to your skill set, judo is a better choice. If you want a deep ground game, then BJJ is the choice. I've worked with judo guys, and they are great at what they do. But BJJers generally have more to offer once on the ground that people with equal time in with Judo.

It's not that one is better than the other. Either will suppliment well if you've got your head around what you need to operate and how you're going to structure your game. It is a question of how well a chosen cross training art fills the gap you're wanting filled.

It's hard to compete with BJJ for pure ground game.

• 2 months later...

Interesting discussion. Where I live I see a great deal of crosstraining between BJJ and Judo. It seems that the order of training and the focus differences between BJJ and Judo make them great compliments to one another. They both operate on the same basic principles so gaining profeciency in both is a great idea. I will be training some BJJ when it becomes financially and time-wise feasible for me.

Think first, act second, and stop getting the two confused.

• 2 months later...

Even, I also think that Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is more interesting Martial Art techniques than the Judo. In, BJJ there is some fantastic moves for our self defense. One of my fried is train under Judo expert and he is also switching his training for Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.

jiu-jitsu moves

I train at Judo many years and i can tell you that if someone knows good ukemis should not have problem with the throws.We do at least 100 kake(throws)i my dojo every day and no one gets hurt.We also do a lot of Newaza so i dont need BJJ.One thing i dont like about most BJJ practicioners i have met is that they think that BJJ is the ultimate art and all the other arts are useless.Plus they do only newaza,they dont know much about Tachi waza.Judo is perfect for every Karateka IMO.

And Karate in perfect for every Judoka?

• 2 months later...