• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rickson Gracie View on MMA

Very interesting interview with with the legend. It's interesting to see how his views and goals have changed with time:

http://www.worldjiujitsuexpo.com/news.asp?contentID=37

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's sad that Brock Lesnar if the first thing that comes up regarding the attitude of MMA. Not Dan Severn or GSP or any number of other respectful people in the sport. No, we think of guys spewing blatantly inappropriate crap after a fight.

MMA combines striking and grappling, in a ring or cage. How does this differ from a knockdown karate fight or a submission grappling match? In all actuality, it is simply the 2 put together in one event. Should be a perfectly acceptable sport.

The problem comes from the marketing to the lowest common denominator- which is where the most money can be made. That's why Mayhem Miller gets a show on MTV and St Pierre doesn't. People want to pay to watch other people act like idiots.

The unfortunate effect of all this is that the public assumes that my buddy who runs an MMA gym, and is an all around great human being, is just like the idiot urinating in another guy's locker on the Ultimate Fighter.

In summation, I blame Jersey Shore and Road Rules.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

On a side note, I hesitated to post here, because- Who am I to argue with Rickson Gracie?

But then I realized that Don Fry does MMA, and if I had a son, I'd want him to grow up to be Don Frye. Not just LIKE Don Frye, I'd want him to BE Don Frye.

It's sad that Brock Lesnar if the first thing that comes up regarding the attitude of MMA. Not Dan Severn or GSP or any number of other respectful people in the sport. No, we think of guys spewing blatantly inappropriate crap after a fight.

MMA combines striking and grappling, in a ring or cage. How does this differ from a knockdown karate fight or a submission grappling match? In all actuality, it is simply the 2 put together in one event. Should be a perfectly acceptable sport.

The problem comes from the marketing to the lowest common denominator- which is where the most money can be made. That's why Mayhem Miller gets a show on MTV and St Pierre doesn't. People want to pay to watch other people act like idiots.

The unfortunate effect of all this is that the public assumes that my buddy who runs an MMA gym, and is an all around great human being, is just like the idiot urinating in another guy's locker on the Ultimate Fighter.

It should be an Olympic Sport!!!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

It was until it was banned by Theodocius I around 390 A.D. When the games were reinstated, Europe felt it was too violent, so it was no included. Also, they made everyone wear clothes in other events for some reason.

• 2 months later...

It was until it was banned by Theodocius I around 390 A.D. When the games were reinstated, Europe felt it was too violent, so it was no included. Also, they made everyone wear clothes in other events for some reason.

:D :D :D

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Olympic boxing is a huge joke now. The same would come of MMA. I'd rather it never see the Olympic games.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."