• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Preparing for kumite

kyokushin-kid

Some solid advice here for you to glean from. My 2-cents...beat the bag until it finally breaks...then buy another bag and beat it until it finally breaks...then...well...you get the point.

Static effectiveness will never replace live effectiveness, imho.

Combo?!? Too many to list, but, just as long as you're doing more than one technique EFFECTIVELY/CORRECTLY...create your own combos.

Welcome to KarateForums.com!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

I may not give the best advice, because practicing good technique on the heavy bag and more sparring is definetly your best bet. but i would try to put high vollume into your training outside of the dojo. and as your Kumite approaches, decrease the vollume in your workouts and up the intensity. But thats just me :P

"Karate doesnt teach me to fight, it teaches me to solve my problems. Physically, mentally, and spiritually."

I may not give the best advice, because practicing good technique on the heavy bag and more sparring is definetly your best bet. but i would try to put high vollume into your training outside of the dojo. and as your Kumite approaches, decrease the vollume in your workouts and up the intensity. But thats just me :P

Scohen-san, that is really good advice,

I second/agree in what Scohen said, OSU!!!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Scohen-san, that is really good advice,

I second/agree in what Scohen said, OSU!!!

I concur!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!