• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im starting College? What did others go for if you went?

BlueDragon1981

I started college Monday (8-26-02). It is pretty cool. Going to take some work but I think I can handle it. I may have to stop going to my karate class but that is okay for now. I need to get my education. I will be getting two associates degrees. Business Management and Business Informations Systems. I will also be taking a couple extra classes so that I can get four certificates. (Entreuprener Certificate, Retail Management Certificate, Computer Technology Support Professional Certificate, E-Commerce Support Professional Certificate). So I should have something to show for my education once I am done with college. (which will be 3 1/2 to 4 years). So if Im not on to post it will most likely be because my work load is getting heavier. I dont plan on not coming back to the site. I like this forum and will be posting when I have a chance. Even if I have a heavy workload. (I will need to take breaks)

The second question is kind of like a survey for me and to see what college educations we have in the Karate forums. To see what wide range of talents the people of karateforums has to offer. Reply if you wish to share your educational experiences. (High School students are welcome to say what they like and dislike about school.) Also Im sure any high school students thinking on going to college could get some good advice about particular fields from the Karate Forums members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am still in high school for two more years :( I am really looking forward to university! I may be one of the few teens that actually enjoys school and I could see myself doing at least 6 years of post secondary education. My latest intrest happens to be aerospace engineering. If anyone happens to be in this field please reply to this post or private message me, any information would be greatly appricated :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I think I like the college level better although more challenging. I didn't like the high school level as much but I have always enjoyed learning things. I learned more on my own out of school (during high school) than I did in school. I dont know much about aerospace engineering. One thing I do know about the engineering field in General is that you need a lot of math. You need all of it Calculas, Trig, Algebra, Geometry. So make sure you take as much of the advanced math you can in high school if you want to go into eningeering.

I have a B.S. in Media Studies/Communications (journalism, video, radio, film, advertising) In college I held jobs in video production, voiceover on radio commercials and had my own radio music show .... but I have had jobs in finance, export management, and presently accounting (so go figure! :-? )

BA is Social Studies Education 5-12

Working on MA in History

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

B.S. in Industrial Chemistry. Numerous training courses, paid for by my company, in administration of a number of different computer systems.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

A.A. Degree from Jr. College

B.A. Degree in Political Science-Emphasis in International Relations

Work for Municipality, or in other words Civil Service employee :lol:

Oh, take in as much of the college experience as you can, do it smartly, and just have fun!!! :spitlaugh: :D

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I agree with LeaF - I also love school and can't wait for college (call me a geek, I dare you :x :lol:). I am going into my sophomore year in high school. I'd like to major in English when I graduate, and then perhaps go on to law school.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!