• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Documentary

KarateCroft

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've seen a few on You tube, but the most recent Karate ones, fight quest and Human weapon, focus on Kyokushin

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

It's not a documentary, but Kuro Obi, in Japanese with subtitles, is awesome. I think one of the main practitioners is Goju ryu, and the other is Shotakan, but I haven't seen it for a while so I don't remember. It's on Netflix, if you're interested.

http://www.isshinkai.net/ordering01-DVD_Products.html

Instructional videos from a first generation student of your arts founder. Costs $200, but you won't get much closer to the source. I can't find anything of his freely available.

I haven't seen any of his Karate videos, but I have some of his Arnis videos, and he is very clear and detailed. A great teacher even in video format.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Awsome thread topic, KarateCroft!

I have also been looking for some documentaries on the history of Karate, as I'm a new student, and would like to learn more about the history of Karate-Do. Sure, there is a ton to be read on the subject, but I am a big fan of documentaries also.

I have watched an episode or two of Fight Quest, and Human Weapon, but I never really paid much attention to it back then. Now that I am a student, I would probably take a little more interest in it. :karate:

"Very good. But brick not hit back!"