• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am helping my little cousins find a martial arts center

I am looking for something geared towards self defense and not sport. Please tell me the advantages of shito ryu, iogkf goju ryu, and wing chun. I think goju ryu is best for conditioning because of all the uncoventional exercises and joint mobility that these karatekas do. I know nothing about shito ryu accept that it is mid range/long range and has 46 katas. Also wing chun has a really awkward stance, but it is really straight forward and deadly. I found two close bye jkd studios, but I think kids are too young to be fighting with weapons. I don't like the idea of my cute cousins using weapons yet.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All of those systems are going to have weapons in them. All of those are good systems. Your best bet is to go and check out each for yourself and see what you think for yourself.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I picked a jun fan jkd studio that also teaches kali, silat, and muay thai. Kids are given padded sticks instead of practice knives. My cousins will begin this summer since they have many other extra curricular activities right now. I can get free lessons from the jkd instructor for referring my cousins. COOL! Silat looks like it will mesh well with systema.