• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ray and Deborah Keller

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had to do some searching but I'm pretty sure their dojo closed. From what I could find, Shorin Ryuu (http://www.karateforums.com/member1917.html) and P.A.L (http://www.karateforums.com/member3353.html) on this forum may know them more personally, so you could try asking them.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Ray Keller was a 8th or 9th degree blackbelt. He was about as high up their as you could get. He was in Houston and now he has disappeared. I fear something bad has happened to him and his wife was also a 4th or 5th degree blackbelt and she is nowhere to be found as well. I know his dojo is closed. I wondered if he opened another one.

Ray Keller was a 8th or 9th degree blackbelt. He was about as high up their as you could get. He was in Houston and now he has disappeared. I fear something bad has happened to him and his wife was also a 4th or 5th degree blackbelt and she is nowhere to be found as well. I know his dojo is closed. I wondered if he opened another one.

I notice that you replied to an old article that Shorin-Ryuu wrote. I can't say that he will respond to that because it hasn't been replied to for 4 years. You would really be better off sending him a PM through the link I provided you to his profile.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Good research, Wastelander. :) Welcome aboard, egold56.

Shorin Ryuu last visited KF in January of 2011. As a new member, egold56 wouldn't be able to initiate a new private message conversation, but I have gone ahead and sent a private message to Shorin Ryuu, including a link to this thread.

It's probably unlikely, but can't hurt. Best of luck.

Patrick

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I checked out this thread a while ago and was poking around the web today. I found some information about Ray Keller though I'm afraid it is sad news if this is the correct person: http://www.claytonthompson.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1465070

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• 6 months later...
I checked out this thread a while ago and was poking around the web today. I found some information about Ray Keller though I'm afraid it is sad news if this is the correct person: http://www.claytonthompson.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1465070

Hi I was online looking up some information and I happened to run across this site again. I hate to be the one to confirm that Ray Keller has passed away. My husband & I were close friends with Ray the last 4-5 years of his life and my husband preached his funeral. I can't begin to describe the huge hole his leaving has caused. Ray Keller was a giant of a man, a gentle giant and his love for martial arts was beyond evident. His love for his students through the years was clear in each story he told and every experience he shared. Like a proud parent he recounted so many of you with fatherly joy & pride. Yes his leaving left a gaping hole but Ray would be the first to tell you that he is in a better place as he is with the Lord he came to know and love so much. As his former students he would definitely tell you that Jesus loves you and that there is not a moment in your life that he won't or can't forgive. Ray left this world at peace with God and with man. Know that all of you held a very special place in a very specials man heart. Miss him? Yes! Mourn for him? no! He is with Jesus make sure one day he sees you all again.

Smullin

I'm hid with Christ~

• 2 months later...

I was a student of sensei Ray Keller and also later on I practiced with Deborah Douglas. I really liked sensei Keller. a month before he passed We been doing white crane kata with Sensei Lindsey. he wanted to come back to Houston and start teaching again. Sensei Deborah Douglas lost interest due to some politics inside shorinkan she stopped teaching around 2008. at the moment there is no shorinkan dojo inside Houston area and the closest you can find is Sensei Ray Owl in Perland and Sensei Dean in Montgomery.