• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training "Clicking"

When has the martial arts way of life I guess one could say "clicked" for you? Like for me it just all clicked and made sense all of a sudden. Anyone else have the same thing?

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've found various elements "click" and become "unclicked" at different times. That is, different things are important at different points of your life. I can say I've had a few of these "clicks" already. I anticipate more will come as life requires them.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I've found various elements "click" and become "unclicked" at different times. That is, different things are important at different points of your life. I can say I've had a few of these "clicks" already. I anticipate more will come as life requires them.

I would concur 100% with this. Especially the "unclick" concept. We change and circumstances change. This mandates a change in our martial outlook. It's just as important to be able jettison certain clicks as to pick up new ones.

It's also important to constantly re-evaluate what our needs are as fighters and adopt our training practices to those. It's one of those things that will most help us enjoy training and therefore keeps us training longer.

I'd have to agree with the click-unclick pheonomenon. I've gone through phases of being motivated and inspired and hard-core training to the forget-it-I-no-longer-care and back round again. Luckily it does keep coming back round - I guess it's the "good" kind of addiction. :P

HiYaa Martial Arts Podcast

https://www.hiyaapodcast.com

I'm not sure when it clicked for me. I think it may have been rather gradual, and now, its just part of what I am, the way I think, and what I do.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree 100%....