• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG that's disgusting...!!!

While I understand your intentions, and I think it's kinda funny too...after boiling on it for awhile I'm thinking differently.

Do you know how hard it is to be a female martial artist and be taken seriously?? Half of the teenage males think you're absolutely worthless until you kick them in "nads" (nice one jade_lotus) and show them your true salt. Now, a lot of it has to do with the backwards community I live in, but I know there have been quite a few ppl who looked down their nose at me because I was a female martial artist.

When you add guys who are on the prowl (until nearly every guy has asked you out in some form or other), it's uncomfortable! There's only one other girl in my class that comes regularly...other than that it's completely male. So when we get into things like ground sparring, etc., and the guy you're rolling around on the floor with just asked you out (and you turned him down!), it's kinda uncomfortable when he's grabbing some flesh.

Bon, if she's not minding your attention, go right ahead...but I wish ppl wouldn't encourage this kind of behavior...it's not so much getting asked out, it's the simple fact that they WILL NOT STOP! Weeks afterward, they're either still hitting on you and making life difficult, or sulking from rejection and making life miserable.

I'm not saying this is true for everyone--it happens to me especially because I'm teaching at the dojo 6 days a week--but why does it have to be true for ME??

Yah this should prolly be in the dating post, but I'm too lazy.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Three60rondhouse dont take offence with this but when grappling with a guy didnt you notice anything hard in your backside?

:roll: In my backside? No, I was too busy choking him out. :D As for you, I can't wait until you have the chance to roll with a competant female grappler, get your butt whooped, then come back to the forum and admit that you simply aren't funny at all. :roll:

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Ok um I might lose some brownie points in the ethical side for saying this as a sempai, but....

If the girls are better than me, that makes it all the more better :P

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Submission figther

, I was teaching you that it is O Sensei, not O'Sensei, my ignorance is only that I dont appreciate the varity of languages here, being English myself I dont really think about it. I was not attacking your ability to speak english.

Why do I think that Modern Arts are worse or better than older ones. Its is difficult question and I really base it on my own opiniuons what others can you give, other than you own?

I think that a martial art is a reflection of its grand masters. So Aikido is calm and defensive like its creator, shotokan is firey like Funkoshi. BJJ, in my mind, has unfortunately been tanted by its creators. I am not a big fan of the Gracies, I mean I cant doubt there fighting abilities, they are great, but for me the art is made by its principles. Any fool can hit a man, or lock a man, it takes more not to. The Gracies, attacking other Martial arts claiming that there system is best is well, annoying. This is why I have practicular issues with BJJ. But this is ONLY my opiniuon.

Also without the traditional arts, there would be NO BJJ.

three60roundhouse

I dont eat cookies, but even the tinyest grain of rice can tip the scale. :P

Take Care

IMHO, certain Gracies are the ones who flame each other and other arts. Carlos's side is the cocky, brash side, Rorion is the mastermind businessman who probably wouldn't trash other arts. Helio, I think, is a fairly humble man. Carley is notorious for changing the story of BJJ and how it evolved from traditional MA's.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Rorion Gracie has bashed other Arts... just take any of the Inside Kung fu magazines in which Rorion used to have a monthly space and you'll see how he bash wish pasion other Arts as inefective, non pratical, etc.. etc...

I think he do that mostly for Marketing...