Shock horror! I'm starting karate..

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submission, I ment this as a joke. I will only get into a heated debate with you about it, so I wont bother trying to argue the point with you.

Just a quicky though O Sensei was not Irish, is it O Sensei, not O'Sensei.

Take Care

You're an odd one there Bon, never heard of such a strange reason to start Karate, but hey good luck, hope you end up going out with a chick that can wipe the floor with ur ass :lol: I Am planning to start another martial art on top of the one i now do and I too was hoping to find a nice gurl there, i think the best part would prolly be that she'd actually be into martial arts :o (wouldn't mind gettin in some hot chicks guard) :brow:

"Live free.

Die well..."

Kensai, im not looking for a heated debate, Im looking for a intelligent debate. not dirty words, not mother cursing. This isnt' that kind of message board. Im here to Learn, so TEACh me about your style and why you think modern styles aren't good. if you don't want to make it in public PM me , friend.

I wish we could discuss this a little more. For the Records.. I DONT, i repeat, I DONT HATE TRADITONAL ARTS.

Oh just one more think, about the O'Sensei... please, friend, give me a break.. my native language is Spanish im still learning English, lol :lol:

[color=indigo]Kensai, BJJ, in my humble opinion, is also by every means an "art" in the sense that it becomes a lifestyle at one point. No, we don't try to master our Ki and become very calm and collected like internal artists, we aren't all that overt about our training, but BJJ is a HUGE part of my life! Every time I go to greab a cookie, I think, "Will that affect how I roll tonight?". In boring classes I imagine a match, where I'm sparring and trying to pull moves. I sometimes use a piece of paper to doodle ideas for transitions from move to move. The "art" aspect is by no means obvious, but if you look hard enough, you can find it. I think almost any sport can be considered an "art" in that there are many ways of going about it and it becomes sort of a lifestyle! :karate: [/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!