• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ryan Hall restraunt fight video

Great video that highlights a lot of really great things about jits. It's also pretty useful for other points to consider that we're looking at from a LE standpoint, but as for technical jits used under duress of a real situation it's pretty fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJX9QnrZtfc&feature=youtu.be

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I feel he should/could have acted a little sooner actually. The minute the guy said he'd bite his nose, then got close to his nose...it's on. Could have done his takedown right away.

Always great to see how effective jiu-jitsu is though.

Nice vid.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

The only thing that might work against Hall is when he yanked the idiot out of the restaurant, smacking his head against the door, and then choking him out on the ground. Granted you can't see too much after his head hits the door so it's unknown if he attacks Hall outside or not, but in this day and age if you escalate it past that point you could be in trouble yourself.

Great video. Not just a good example of BJJ but a good example of staying calm and relaxed in the face of adversity.

My favorite part is the woman that works at the restaurant clutching the plastic knife ready to defend herself. Someone should let her know that if she studied BJJ she would need to carry a plastic knife. :-)

The mission of my blog is to explore the connection between the skills learned in the dojo as a student of the martial arts and the skills that lead to a successful life. https://www.lifeskillsfromthedojo.com

https://www.facebook.com/lifeskillsfromthedojo

I hope the Restaurant Owner gave the meals free as a few of the table may have had Cold Food. It should have been the restaurant owner's responsibilty to get rid of the "Drunk" not the guys on the table.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Honestly, the final confrontation was completely unnecessary--the police had been called (and arrived almost immediately after he had been choked out, from the looks of the video) and the man had not made any credible threat of imminent bodily harm to anyone. It is good that people who were ready to act were present, but in looking at it I don't feel that his actions were necessary at the time that he performed them. That's just my opinion, though.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Honestly, the final confrontation was completely unnecessary--the police had been called (and arrived almost immediately after he had been choked out, from the looks of the video) and the man had not made any credible threat of imminent bodily harm to anyone. It is good that people who were ready to act were present, but in looking at it I don't feel that his actions were necessary at the time that he performed them. That's just my opinion, though.

I agree with you, but didn't put it the same way as you!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Wow, good find tallgeese.

Seems like he could have just rode mount until the cops got there. Seemed like he wanted to give the guy a break and let him leave before the fuzz showed up but the guy didn't take the hint.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Hall handeled him very well in that situation. As with anyone under the influince you never know when they are going to decide they are superman. Since the camera was at the best angle of the final confrentation outside we'll never know what the trigger was Hall to put him to sleep. Ryan must have seen something that made decide to end the situation.