• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i am gona quit karate,and here is why

Haha Dobbersky, I was just about to post that link! OSU!

OSU! Evergrey, lol, great minds think alike!

Do you know if Semmy Schilt's fight will be on Pay per View on 23rd March?

Osu!!!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt work that whay,i am still a teen,so my guardians(in this case my mother) make the choice,all of the kk schools are 3-4 hours away,and my famaly doesnt have the money or the time for that,all the main kk schools are located in the north,so i will have to find a dojo or gym that is close to my house(maybe 15 minutes max),wich i will try to find,but i doubt i will be lucky since i have tried to research it before

the style was shito ryu,and i have been interested in kk in a long time

it doesnt work that whay,i am still a teen,so my guardians(in this case my mother) make the choice,all of the kk schools are 3-4 hours away,and my famaly doesnt have the money or the time for that,all the main kk schools are located in the north,so i will have to find a dojo or gym that is close to my house(maybe 15 minutes max),wich i will try to find,but i doubt i will be lucky since i have tried to research it before

the style was shito ryu,and i have been interested in kk in a long time

It's a tough situation that you find yourself in, with you being a teen. Decisions, final ones that is, is left up to your mother and you're already aware of the given parameters of your situation.

I trust you'll find the school of martial arts near enough for you to attend because of your desire, dedication, and determination to continue within the martial arts.

I wish you much success in your search as well as in your martial arts journey. Sometimes, favorable solutions reveal themselves in the most unexpected ways...the martial arts is in you and you'll be just fine.

Keep us informed, please.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

yeah i dont think so,i have been exercising for over 2 years,and i dont need karate for my health,it doesnt ofer me anything that i dont already have in terms of endurance and health except mental strength i guess,i have my own reasons to train karate,and those reasons are self defense and competition/figthing,i dont think karate is only self defense(aldo is primary reason is self defense),but yeah like i said i am gona try to find a new place,i dont whant my hardworking mother to be waisting her money on something i am not even enjoying doing or having any positive results frow,if things change on that gym i will give it a second chance but i dont see it happening,and thanks sensei 8 i apreciate that

pliss dont think if karate is only for self defense, sometime you must see it for sport and for your health, so dont stop from it

Here I'll disagree with you. I'm an old traditionalist and view the arts as they were intended...and that is for self-defense purposes, not sport. Health...absolutely! Sport...never as a primary emphasis.

If, in conjunction with your self-defense training, you want to add the sport aspect, that's ok in my opinion, but only as an added side product of your training, not as a primary aspect.

My $.02 worth...

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.