• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ye Olde Intro Post

Hi all! I'm new (obviously!), having only recently discovered the site. Spent some time reading the posts before registering, and it looks like a great forum.

I'm 47... live in (and am from) Tennessee. I'm an IT guy (developer) by day (the whole "savage geek" thing started as a joke about how the people in my department can devour food!) and I work for a branch of local government.

I started with traditional TKD in my twenties. After receiving my black belt in that style I went on to explore bits and pieces of other styles, in some cases with instructors and in others via books and videos. I have a small dojo in my basement where I continue to train. At this point I'd say my style is kind of... eclectic.

Always been a fan of eastern philosophy as well... mostly Taoism and Zen, though in more recent years I've studied Tantric philosophy quite a bit.

Appreciate y'all letting me join your forum, and I look forward to many interesting discussions.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I too like studying things which if you call them what they're called, isn't really the thing which you call them. The Tao's confusing like that.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Welcome to KF! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the subjects here. Have been in a basement dojo here and there I have a certain appreciation for this type of training and the experimentation it brings.