• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Back Cracks?

RW

Do you know that feeling when you crack your knuckles? Do you remember that sound?

Well, for some reason since last year my lower back (the tailbone area, and the area right above it) "cracks" in the same way when I do side and roudhouse kicks (mawashi geri, yoko geri).

Is this dangerous? Can it be an issue?

A friend of mine had his tailbone bones "fuse" together and that caused a lot of wear & tear on his back... can this be my case? :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My back used to do that too when doing soto or uchi keage. I tried to change the position of my back and body on all the ways I could figure out.. Well it didn't change much then, but I still think it's worth a try. But on me it seemed like it went off by itself in time. ...or my technique just got better.:)

Does the cracking hurt? It might be worth the trip to the doctor to try and get it checked out.

Not really.. it's a lot like cracking your knuckles.

I may go to a doc... would this be a general doctor? :-?

My back used to do that too when doing soto or uchi keage. I tried to change the position of my back and body on all the ways I could figure out.. Well it didn't change much then, but I still think it's worth a try. But on me it seemed like it went off by itself in time. ...or my technique just got better.:)

Interesting. Did it go away after warming up? When I warm up it happens a bit less.

I'm not a doctor, but I played one once when I was single and trying to impress this really gorgous gal in a bar one night... :brow:

Anyway, I don't think anybody on here is qualified to give you medical advice...go see your doctor.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Montana,

When has being not being "qualified" ever stopped anyone from giving advice?

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Does the cracking hurt? It might be worth the trip to the doctor to try and get it checked out.

Not really.. it's a lot like cracking your knuckles.

I may go to a doc... would this be a general doctor? :-?

It might not be that big of a deal if it doesn't hurt, but it might still be worth the trip. Yes, just whoever you usually would go to.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Didn't go away, but helped just a bit. The techniques where my back cracked were something I didn't do a lot anyway, so I was never worried about any long term consequences (Don't know if there is any), and just kept on doing them. If it had been on something that I do/have to do a lot, I wouldn't have dared to so them a lot and well.. ..But when I did the techniques kind of sloppy, didn't feel anything.

This always happens to me, to my legs, pelvis and my spine. I have to 'crack' my spine once a day by doing a movement like a bridge, to feel better. I guess it is not a problem, but if you are uncomfortable, ask your sensei or see a doctor :)