WillBe

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life is too long and the world is too large to think that way. Even if you are too late to be the best in the world, it's not too late to be good. Even if for some reason you could never be good, there should still be a great many years left to enjoy it.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Dead is too old to start Karate. Other than that there's no time like the present.

Lol that's a great way to look at it.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Dead is too old to start Karate. Other than that there's no time like the present.

Spot on !

Totally agree with this!

I jus started a new art just recently, and enjoying being a "beginner" again. Wow it makes you feel good as you're using muscles not used as much as the rest for a while, lol

Just do it for YOU, forget what ages the others are. When I was doing Wado, I started with a teenage boy and we went through the grades together, now when I left, he's still training but at a standard in the club it didn't matter me not working with him

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

One of the best students I saw start was a 55+ year old retired Army DI and JROTC instructor. A bad knee, bone spurs on both heels and a tendency to lead with his head when he started and he was still great. One of the best instructors in the room when he reached higher kyu levels.

Don't try to get in shape, wait for something to happen. Just go to the dojo/gym and start training.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Don't worry about age. You're still pretty young. Just start training and enjoy your time with the art but don't expect to be in the same shape as everyone else at first. Anything worth while comes only through blood, sweat, and tears.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”