• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

calmness and fear

well when say theres a threat of a fight, i dont feel like fighting and maybe getting hurt(even though i have to). but when we start, i get this rage inside that makes me get ...irrational and try to attack all the time, how do i controll my self.[/u][/i][/b]

Patrick gubek

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Each must find a way to control his or her own demons. There is a switch inside that you must find. Its like a light switch. Anyone can find it when the lights are on in class but when the lights go out on the street you got to know where it is.

Yoda in star wars says it best. Beware the dark side: anger, fear, agression. Quick to join you in a fight are they. Qick and simple are the ways of the dark side. Very powerful the dark side is.

Everyone has fear. Fear keeps us alive. If we did not have fear we would jump out in front of cars and junk. Our football T shirts say Respect All and Fear None. That holds a lot of truth.

Anger has to be controled. When anyone fights with anger they become very dangerous.

My sugestions. Learn how to breathe. I don't mean meditation just learn how to relax. Force yourslef to smile and be happy. The glass is half full. Prehaps the name Blood Talon could be changed to something more brighter. You have control of you emotions but so much of our mental state deals with here we put ourselves. As Mr. Magie said in the Next Karate Kid, "grass is green, sun is warm." LOL.

Good luck remember you have control of your emotions no one else.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

The Champ hit that one on the Nail. You could also try to spar more, explain your frustrations to your instrutor. Sometimes repitition is good for getting things into your mind. If you practiced being calm while spar this will definetly transcend to real life situations.

In search of the Temple of Light

Control your Emotions, or they will control you :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

• 2 weeks later...

I would say you shouldn't try to get rid of the rage - just learn to stay on top of it.

If you feel rage, and it's not empty, and you're honestly ready inside to crack his skull open and eat his brains (which you SHOULDN'T do, by the way :) ), well, that determination is probably going to come across and create an impression on the other guy - he might just leave you alone, or become too scared to fight at his real potential. You'd be surprised how few people pick on you when they think you're crazy. :wink:

Now the problem is looking / being crazy but not foolish. You need that edge of rage and fearlessness in a fight, but make sure it's under your control. Many people fake it, and that's just sad. If in your case it takes you over, then what you should do is not fear it, but try to embrace it.

So when you fight you're overcome by rage. Rationalize it. You want to kill your opponent. That's great - it gives you an advantage. Think about how you can do it, make things work. The rage should give you the motivation - don't allow it to interfere with the practical application.

I'm guessing what you're complaining about is that you become reckless and start making mistakes. Use the rage to your advantage: the longer you stay on your feet, the more damage you can do - so don't get careless. You're strong enough to not have to rush it. Most importantly, you're mad enough to not have to rush it.

Connect with your rage, make it deeper, take it below the surface.

Control and adapt your rage. Use it. But don't supress it.

Always work with what you've got.

Yeah, you need a cool head during a fight, but you need a spark of insanity as well. You have to acknowledge the importance of both, and then try to find a balance point in between.

that's what i think, in any case.