• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Flyers and junior class

Hi all

I was wandering if any one could report on some of there best flyers and numbers. ie how many flyers they handed out and what percentage of people turned up. Also info on what was on them.

I have been handing out flyers and only getting about 1% show up . I was just wandering if this is the norm I tried 5 different flyers. 2 of them im still waiting to see the results.

I know you get far more members by referrals but we don't have many members. I trained else were during education and now im back the club has went a little down hill. Mostly because it has moved to a small hall and secondly because juniors were a little forgotten about.

I have set up a new junior class before the adult class my sensei has given me to run as children just arent his forte. I am also looking out for other opportunity for publicity but I just was wandering what help with flyers that forum members could help with ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great topic!!

Flyers are a tricky thing, but doable for any martial arts school. Whenever I pass out flyers, I'll pass out an entire ream of whatever color paper and I'll saturate a regional area. Then, I'll do another different color paper, but still another ream much more closer to my dojo. That's 1,000 flyers and 1% return isn't a bad thing..that's about 10 students. Passing them out every quarter, gives you 40 student potentiality per year...not too shabby.

Yard signs are doable and affordable as well, plus they can reach a much wider area much more than blanketing an area/region. 10 yard signs placed systematically around your school can do the same thing as flyers, but more durable and not running the risk that they'll be just thrown in the nearest trash can, like a flyer.

Political yard signs are everywhere during a voting year, so don't place your yard signs anywhere near those because they'll just get swallowed up by the thousands of political yard signs. I prefer the yard signs over flyers because I can get the same and/or better return and with less the effort...walking is a great exercise, but passing out 500 to 1,000 flyers at a time can be quite a task.

Yard signs can go up at nearly any street corner, but a flyer can't just be placed into/onto any place. Some places require permission before you blanket their parking lot and the like with your flyer. "NO" can be a very familiar phrase when seeking permission to pass out a ton of flyers, and before you know it, you're way out of your regional area anyway.

Good luck, and please keep us informed.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I never had any luck with flyers, posters, radio/tv ads, newspaper ads, etc. The best advertisement is your students and what they say about your class and you.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.