• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Computer Help & Tips

KickChick

Kickchick,

No you do not need to go throught the tutorial if you are familiar with that type of software. It kind of runs like a virus checker. Once you run ad-ware it will tell you what files are spyware. Then you have an options from there what to do. Generally I delete mine with the exception of a dummy file that Kaaza Lite has that needs to run. (it will say something about Cydoor, keep this file if you have kaaza). It is really simple to use. At least the version I have is. ( 5.8 ) I hopefully will have more usefull links in the future. You will probably always be the link queen though. :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean find out what the program you got in the ceral box is? Look on the outside to make sure there aren't certain specifications for the program. You can go to a search engine (I use https://www.google.com) and type in the name of the program and see what that has to offer you. Most things you get in ceral boxes are just cheaply made and never tested. Look on the package and see if you can uninstall that program. If you already have run a defragment and a system scandisk. Those sometimes help even though they may take a long time to get through.

Does it tell you what file is corrupt? (Something like C:\windows\system\???\????? ,? marks for file names, ) if so send what that to me and I will research it.

No not program on ceral box. No it doesn't tell what file is corrupted inless it is at the bottom?

Well I got this a while ago more then 6 months I think I don't really remember. So my Mom through away the disk. So I tryed to uninstall it but it says.

The log file C:\WINDOWS\DelsL1.isu is not valid or the data has been corupted. Uninstallation will not continue.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

This can be fixed. Run a search with the exact name of the file. If it finds it then delete it. If not the other way is more dangersous. It involves running a registry edit. If the problem isn't affecting anything else on your computer techs usually just say to let it go and just cancel it or whatever, but that would annoy me. :) :lol: By the way the file you listed was what I was looking for. That will help me get some more info on it.

Does Boggle ring a bell?

Yes thank you Sai thats what I meant.

I am pretty sure that I deleted all of it but it wont let me completly remove it from my computer.

I might get paint shop pro 7 (psp7) so I can so you what I mean (error message or something else) by taking a picture of it and then uploading it on to my website.

Also is there a way I could search to see if anything else might be corrupted or if it might be something else?

Blue dragon, thanks for your help up there but a couple of things. Is there anyway to load up the computer in dos without going through windows.... The only way for me to avoid the error is when my computer is loading up if I go into the setup(screen turns blue lots of weird options). I have tried messing around in there but no luck. I don't mind reformatiing that computer completely, as I have everything I need on cds. If you know anyway to load up the computer in dos without going through windows that would be incrediably useful, or any other way to work around the error.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Ok thank you bluedragon all try that :)

A thourough scan disk may help with corruption. Along with defragmenting. Of course this will probably take all day to do. A thourough scan disk takes 7 hours on my computer and defrag takes 3. (This depends on your hard drive size and your processor speed, and RAM)