shinobitribe

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a specific workout that I do every day to help me train for karate but I have gotten some interesting ideas from the Health, Training and Fitness

sections. You might want to ask over there.

I'll work many, many hand techniques with cable pulls, and many other hand techniques with dumb-bells.

I'll also use the bottom cable pulls connected to either foot to work on sweeping movements.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Anything which doesn't increase BULK is good for you. So if the exercise Shortens Tendens or buts too much muscle on this will slow you down or decrease your flexibility.

There are a few books on Amazon which are specified for a Martial Artists work out

Failing that light weights more repititions!!!

Note - Cycling does short the Hamstring which is one of the most importent MUscle/Tendon Group for Kicking

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

I don't have a specific workout that I do every day to help me train for karate but I have gotten some interesting ideas from the Health, Training and Fitness

sections. You might want to ask over there.

You could also ask at your local gym for "specific" workouts?

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Interval sprints, a variety of pushups, speed ladder drills. Explosive stuff is good for arts that focus on the idea of kime.

This guy has cool exercises, but I have issues with his combatives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFQxqOr3Nfw

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Using resistance bands while practicing hand and foot techniques help my power immensely. Knuckle pushups will help with your forearms and wrists.I'm a BIG fan of using the strap on weights on my arms and legs while preforming kata, shadow boxing, or bag work as well.

"The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of character of its participants."(Master Gichin Funakoshi)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Okinawan-Karate-Do/320221624676804