• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did they change the scene in later editions? I just watched a clip where Greedo did shoot first. Was Lucas trying to make Han more heroic? Seems stupid to do so, he was meant to be a Byronic hero, at times even an antihero.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally, Han just blows him away. They then modified it so Greedo shot first by a large margin - and somehow completely missed at point blank range, at which point Han returns fire and kills him. The final version of it was them firing at almost the same time. (Greedo still first and still missing)

He wanted Han to be more heroic or some such stupid thing...honestly, I think they wanted the bounty hunter/smuggler/mercenary to be a better role model. That, of course, makes perfect sense. Anyhow, if you want the unmolested version, you've got to watch it on Laserdisc.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

My final straw with anything related to Mr. George "I love Ewoks" Lucas was the release of the 4th intstallment of the Indiana Jones Saga. The title shall not be named, but im suprised that Lucas didn't change the title to "Dr. Henry Ravenwood Jones's Happy Fun Time Nazi Shoot em up Hour.

I literally lost faith in humanity for about two weeks after watching that garbage.

Im Jim Cornette, and thats my opinion!!!! :kaioken:

99% of the world's population officially has no idea what we're talking about. Also, the 4th installment of Indiana Jones never happened. IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!

― Homer, The Simpsons

"Dr. Henry Ravenwood Jones's Happy Fun Time Nazi Shoot em up Hour."

What a beautiful representation of that movie.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

99% of the world's population officially has no idea what we're talking about. Also, the 4th installment of Indiana Jones never happened. IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!

We have officially hijacked our own thread, we went from discussing the misrepresentation of a book alledgedly about the star wars universe, and turned into a george lucas hate thread with a touch of jim cornette shoot interview.

Yeah...it's a lost cause at this point. I consider it good "revenge" for all the kata threads that I can't even begin to understand.

― Homer, The Simpsons

Hello Liver Punch,

Thank you for sharing this. I know you have a good sense of humor and I appreciate your honesty in that way. :)

As you review books online and post reviews on Amazon.com, etc., definitely keep in mind that your words have a great deal of power. Definitely consider the book as a whole, good and bad and it's value relative to price.

I can't speak for this book, but having authored a book that was picked up by a fairly major publisher, etc., I can tell you that it is a challenging process and that it takes a certain measure of courage to write one, to put yourself out there like that. There is a certain vulnerability to it.

Just some thoughts that you may want to consider: http://www.patrickokeefe.com/2009/12/09/when-reviewing-a-book-please-know-that-your-words-are-very-powerful/

Bottom line, as long as you are honest and fair - awesome. :)

It is also important to recognize that everyone will value things differently. There is nothing to save anyone from. Some people will like the book (judging from reviews posted elsewhere) and some people won't. It doesn't necessarily make it good or bad, it just means that you didn't personally enjoy it. I think it's important to keep that context.

I have emailed Mr. Jamilla to point him to this thread and invite him to join our community. I hope he does as it'd be interesting to hear his thoughts. :)

Sincerely,

Patrick

here's a Star Wars-y video that I came across recently which is awesome:
:D

Well, it's official, everyone in this thread is a nerd. It's a good thing.

Nerds unite!

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."