• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not yet a practitioner

mrmango

^above me is absolutely correct. I'm sure you entered into Wado-Ryu with an open mind, ready to learn. when you go into Kyokushin, you better have that same fram of mind, because the training in Kyokushin is very light. its not ilke some Karate where when they sparr, their only allowed taps to the chest and upper legs. in Kyokushin, you'll be doing heavy kicks and heavy punches all over the body, so go in there ready to learn, and pay attention. but of course, dont forget what you learn in Wado-Ryu. Karate is Karate, and although there are different styles, every one of them should be considered a privelage if your taking them. especially the Okinawan styles.

as for Kata's, let me put it this way. i went from doing Muay Thai, Boxing, Jiu Jitsu, etc. to doing traditional Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Karate, and i struggled with it for the first few months. but as of about a week ago, i practice Kata when i'm bored, i practice Kata before AND after class, and sometimes i do it as a warm up before i go to the gym. i LOVE Kata, and its something that i hated at first, because i never did it before and found it completely useless to fighting. but this is Karate, not fighting.

in other words, learn all you can, train hard, and have fun!

"Karate doesnt teach me to fight, it teaches me to solve my problems. Physically, mentally, and spiritually."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic