• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My first kickboxing training day...wow!

Jumping jacks are good also. Just remember to stay on the balls of your feet. Also, if you have steps in your home this is good for a workout. Just run up and down the steps. Try doing five(up and down is one set), I bet you will feel the burn...

In search of the Temple of Light

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Your workout schedule looks good. I always try to incorporate cardio on my MA off days. Biking (outdoors) or doing the stair climber are my usuals. If I am really pressed for time, I will get out the old jump rope. Jumping rope for 5 or so minutes and practicing forms, doing calistenics, and jumping some more and more forms, etc., can really get your heart rate going. As others have said, don't forget the water :spitlaugh: and remember to stretch.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 3 weeks later...
Kirby, my advice is make sure you stretch all the muscles you excercised when you work out to release lactic acid. That's (mainly) what makes you sore the next day. :dead:

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Just keep at it Percistence is key in the martial arts you WILL get there. Strech kicks are very good to get flexable and maybe if you do them fast enough for heart rate increase. Just take your leg and throw it up as high as you can but not kick in the front do it a few times on each leg side and back .

I am training for myself not anyone else.. to be the best I can be in everything.

Hi Kirby, this is my first time here and never done anything like this but I read your post and it caught my attention. I just started kickboxing 2 months ago and so far love it. I have been taking 3-4 classes a week but have found that the kickboxing alone is not enough for me so I looked at the schedule that you have and I think that I am going to try it as well. I have started jogging on my days off of class and swimming but this week I am going to start the weights and see how I do. Thanks for posting the schedule and good luck. :)

• 3 months later...
I have been doing burpees for years, I love them :D It was basicly the thing in the prison workout post in the h&f forum. Here is it's discription So let's start by explaining how to do the one exercise you'll need, the Burpee.

I didn't know what they were all about. now i do. 10x for the explanation :)

We use to call them Coreens, that's why I didn't know what they looked like :karate:

• 3 weeks later...
keep going with cardio - i've lost over 30kg in the last 19 months and greatly improved my cardio fitness with heaps of aerobics, stationery bike, jumping rope and some road work (i also have chondromalacia patella which prevents me from doing too much roadwork).....good luck!

==================

http://come.to/BlackBeauty

==================