• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Guys, just joined !

ZenGuitar

Hi everyone. After sneaking around the forum, reading old posts for a couple of weeks I thought it made sense to take the plunge and stop messing around. :)

I'm a month away from 27 and I started Shotokan almost exactly a year ago. As a kid I was always into Martial Arts movies and loved the idea of doing it but never had the confidence to do anything on my own. I went through a lot of hard, personal struggles in my late teens and early 20's but last year, things just seemed to be ready in my life and I went along to my first class and never looked back ! My main reasons were that I wanted to do something that utilised my whole body as I was fed up of not being agile with my legs. I've been playing guitar since I was about 10 so my upper body has always been busy enough but my lower body just got used for walking and that was it.

Since then, a whole new world has opened up to me. I'm not the kind of guy who just does something as a half hearted hobby. I totally immerse myself in the subject, read about it all the time, follow different leads etc. The people I've read about, the books I've been fortunate enough to discover.. it's all totally enhanced my life in every way and even given my guitar playing a kick up the backside.

It's like the saying goes 'From one thing, know ten thousand things'.

I look forward to talking and sharing stories with you all ! :)

The only opponent is within.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt