• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello from Lexington, Ky.

spinner12

Hello to everyone out there on KarateForums. My username here is spinner12 (guess you already knew that) and I'm pleased to join the forums. Have tried once before to participate in a web-based martial art site and was quite disappointed by the lack of respect for others displayed there and the closed minded views. Was impressed how much different that KarateForums seems.

Would enjoy having conversations here about the different aspects of martial arts. My background is somewhat limited yet I hope to learn from the experience here. Many years ago I took classes in Korean ITF Tae Kwon Do for about 3 years. After that I was a student of Japanese Shotokan for almost 4 additional years. Since then I took Chinese Wing Chun and Xing-Yi for about 10 years. The remainder of my practice has been spent learning Okinawan Isshin-Ryu. Been there about 8 years now.

In addition to formal classes I enjoy learning about other styles and modern self-defense. Although some of those experiences are limited (Aikido and Judo in college as electives) would enjoy talking about different martial art styles. Sorry for the long (and probably boring intro) just giving some background info. :) :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt