• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Giception!

evergrey

OSU,

So I have a bit of a problem. See, the dogi is designed for an athletic, fit male. I am a rotund female. As such, my gi top very quickly becomes uhm... untidy. I had been wearing a tank top underneath my gi, but my Shihan was still complaining.

http://www.niceboots.org/~evergrey/Kyokushin/0112/giception1.jpg

I decided I had to go deeper.

I decided I had to go into....

GICEPTION!

http://www.niceboots.org/~evergrey/Kyokushin/0112/giception2.jpg

In order to do this, I created a gi-shirt. The line work for the wraparound part is not so great, but I'm actually pretty proud of the kanji. Heh.

The Kyokushin community had something of a pool going. Would this get a laugh? Would I get push-ups? A lecture in the office? All of the above, with the laugh being a secret one between instructors?

Class finally started back up today, and as it turns out, the reactions were as follows:

Primary Sensei: laughs and a thumbs up.

Head instructor at my dojo: facepalm, mock uraken to my head, quiet chuckle.

Shihan: "That's... let me see that kanji. Where did you get that? You made it? I'm bringing in a shirt, make me one."

Man, I love my dojo.

[/img]

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

OSS! EXCELLENT Evergrey!! Your adaptation of your GIception is wonderful-well done!

''Board's..........don't hit back'' The late and very great Bruce Lee, in the movie Enter The Dragon.

Awesome job! I think I saw some of your photos of this on Facebook while I was traveling--your Shihan's response is great! I have to say you did a great job on that kanji, too!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

That's a pretty awesome tee! I'd pay for one if I were in your dojo just to have one just to wear period, not just to train in.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Awesome Ev!!

Btw, I'm so very proud of you...you've stuck out the training and now you're a blue belt...very solid!

You look GREAT!!

I miss our chats!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

OSU! Thank you, Bob! Next step (instructors and knee willing) is green belt. :D

I miss our chats too, did you not get my last e-mail?

@Shorikid, I'm honored by the thought! In Kyokushin though, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable selling a shirt with the kanji on it for profit, not unless the Oyamas approved it.

@wastelander, thank you! I am proud of that- did it freehand, first time ever, heh! Someone who was close to Sosai said it was well done, so double proud! :D

@Deckerdude, thank you! OSU!

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

evergrey,

A person needs to cover costs of the shirt, but I totally understand not wanting to be disrespectful in that way.

I think it's a great design and the kanji is very, very well done. You free-handed that and it looks like really good brush work. That's a combination of talent and skill.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

OSU! Thank you, Bob! Next step (instructors and knee willing) is green belt. :D

I miss our chats too, did you not get my last e-mail?

@Shorikid, I'm honored by the thought! In Kyokushin though, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable selling a shirt with the kanji on it for profit, not unless the Oyamas approved it.

@wastelander, thank you! I am proud of that- did it freehand, first time ever, heh! Someone who was close to Sosai said it was well done, so double proud! :D

@Deckerdude, thank you! OSU!

Ev,

That I remember...no...I didn't. Please remind me about the content of the e-mail.

Green belt IS in your future. Continue to train hard and Green belt will take care of itself. Your instructors are solid across the board, and your knee will survive just as long as you take care of it!

:)

Haha, I don't remember anymore. How about you tell me how things are going for you these days? :}

Fair enough!

:D