• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Off to NJ/Camping

karatekid1975

Hiya all.

Just wanna let everyone know that I'll be gone for a week. First going to NJ to visit family and my old dojang, then camping. I won't have access to a computer camping (that's obvious LOL), but I might peek in while in NJ. Save me my spot on the karateforums couch :) Ann, if you see this, I'll call ya next wednsday night.

Laterz all (bows out for a week)

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
[color=indigo]New Jersey's ok, but who wants to come here for vacation :lol:!? Just kidding, have fun....it's good to get off the net for a while! I wish I could get away! Oh, and have fun at your old dojang. Make sure to train there at least ince to bring back fond memories! :D [/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Have a great trip! :D

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

360, hey I like it here :P LOL. It's my home state. I'm just teasin :) Yea, it will (training at my old dojang). Just for the good ol' days :) Wish me luck (it's tonight). I'll pop in tonight to let you know how it went.

Laurie F

Me again. Hey 360, you were right. It was great. I saw some of my old friends (collected so many emails :D ). We did a lot of jump kicks (which TSD is famous for). My TKD school doesn't do them hardly, so that was fun. We did one-step sparring and I was so suprised that I remembered all of the ones I knew from 8 months ago. It was cool. I also remembered all my forms. It was nice to go back and hang out with my old dojang friends. We had a blast :D

Laurie F

[color=indigo]I'm glad you had a good time, karatekid! Although I have never left the dojang for a really long time, whenever I go on vacation for a week or two it feels good to know that I haven't forgotten everything! :lol: It must have been cool to see your old freinds. What kind of "jumping kicks" were you referring to? In my TKD class we do a lot of jumping kicks![/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

We did a lot of them LOL. Ok, seriously. We did jump front kicks (jump straight up, bring up both knees and front kick with the back leg), and jump roundhouse (which is similar to jumping with the front kick, but you turn your hip in the air for a roundhouse). We also did "flying" kicks. It's when you run, jump and kick a heavy bag or target. My fav is the flying side kick. Plus we did, what I call, rapid fire kicks. It's when you kick with your front leg several times really fast (usually with a front kick or roundhouse).

It was great to see my buds there last night :D I'm going back in October :)

Laurie F

Hey all. I'm back home. Camping was great. We had a nice camp site in Vermont, in the mountians. The weather was beautiful. It couldn't have been any better, except I could have stayed longer. It was so peaceful.

Laurie F