• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is anyone familiar with this technique?

You are a brave man than I. I anyone gets any kind of toe hold, ankle lock, or other such thing on my ankles while they are set in place like they would in a body triangle, I am not waiting to see if they can pull hard enough to make me tap. I already have and we're resetting. :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know a couple that you may be referring to, but I disagree that there is no defending them. By following the general rule that you keep your hanging leg during the body triangle from being pinned beneath your opponent, you almost completely negate their ability to perform them. Also, flexible ankles make them pretty hard to crank on hard enough to get a tap.

You are right about the keeping you hanging leg up but flexible ankles may or may not be common I don't really know but one that my instructor showed me puts pressure on both the ankle and knee really the pressur on the ankle is on the lower shin. But I respect you opinion on these locks. As Gene Lebell told me when I had the chance to train with him "Not all moves work on everbody all the time." In this he means what may make me cry like a little girl may not affect you at all.

You are a brave man than I. I anyone gets any kind of toe hold, ankle lock, or other such thing on my ankles while they are set in place like they would in a body triangle, I am not waiting to see if they can pull hard enough to make me tap. I already have and we're resetting. :lol:

It isn't as though I'm toughing the lock out. I just generally avoid it and when it does happen its the rare grappler that can make me feel anything. You can bet you shirt that when I do feel it I'm tapping though. My knees are to valuable to risk damaging permanently just rolling, you know?

Checkout my Insta and my original music: https://www.instagram.com/andrewmurphy1992/

Poems, Stories, other Writings: https://andrewsnotebook6.wordpress.com/

Youtube: @AndrewMilesMurphy