• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My son has begun his MA career

Yeah, it was a crappy deal, but in the end, these things tend to happen, especially in combat/contact sports. I'm not terribly worried about anything wrong going on in the practices, either. There are plenty of coaches to go around, and this was just one of those accidents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Last week was our first week back to practice. Everything healed fine in his arm, but the doc said to stay away from practice for another 3 weeks. Now he's back to it, and we plan on hitting another meet next Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...

We did make that tournament a few weeks ago. I thought it went well, although he didn't win any of his matches. He competed against some kids with several years of experience, and I ended up putting him in a weight class above what he should have been at, and I could see the difference there.

That all said, he fought hard, stayed off his back, and avoided getting pinned. All his losses were by points, but he fought like the dickens to stay off his back. I thought he did a good job.

Thanks, Patrick. We had our last tournament of the season last Saturday, and he won 1, lost 2. Still lots of things to work on, but he has learned a lot, and most important, he wants to go again next season!

Sweet! That desire is more important than any record. Congrats on his season despite his injury set back.