• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2012 Martial Arts Goals

I didn't post my resolutions on here, but my resolution was to keep up the diet I had already started (I started the day after Halloween-- I tell everyone it was my "Halloween Resolution"). I actually did it. It's weird-- this is the first New Years I'm looking back on last year's resolution having actually accomplished it and being satisfied with what I accomplished. It's a good feeling.

BTW-- If anyone's curious, I'm down over 70 pounds and almost 10 inches off my waist (over 10 inches off my hips) since last Halloween and still steadily dropping.

Awesome congratulations :) That's a massive achievement.

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of plan were you on?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of plan were you on?

Mostly low carb high fat with a primal bend. I'm not very strict with it. I keep to it maybe 75-80% of the time. I think that's what's allowed me to stick to it so long-- I let myself cheat a few times a week without feeling too guilty as long as I'm sticking to it the vast majority of the time. Of course, now when I eat junk I usually wind up with a stomach ache or feeling generally sick, so it's making me want to cheat less and less.

And pretty much the only exercise I had was running around the amusement park where I worked 60 hours a week all summer, although now that I'm doing 4 martial arts classes a week, I'm starting to see more muscle shaping.