• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2012 Martial Arts Goals

Generic lose weight get fitter resolution plus keep working on my flexibility as I saw some improvement this year.

Also want to work on my forms for competition. Usually place 3rd but can't seem to just go one better and move up to 2nd.

Got to improve my running too. Being hounded to do the local half marathon as my school enters a team every year. Someone from the club went from running no miles a week to completing the whole thing so the rest of us are being badgered into doing the same as it'll be "good for us". So maybe I'll do it or I might not :P want to increase my run distance anyway so that's what I want to work on.

Roll on 2012

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get atleast 2 of my students through their Shodan (1st Dan) Blackbelts. Grade my Assistant Instructor through his next Level.

Take my own promotion grading with some senior Grades I know.

Increase my student base/open a new dojo in another area.

And be a good Christian, Amen

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

I actually plan on starting to weight train now that I've hit one of my fitness goals (down 75 pounds since I went back to TKD last year. Now I've sort of plateaued and need to step up the training). 2nd Dan testing can probably happen in a month to 3 months too and I'd like to compete a few times this year.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

I still don't make any resolutions...haven't for years.

However, if I was to make one, it'd be something like this...

>Continue to improve the betterment of every Shindokan student.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

-Improve the club I facilitate at a local elementary school.

-Win a state title @ black belt (former brown belt titlist).

-Win a national title @ black belt (1-3 place).

-Improve on my own kihon, kumite and kata

-Fly home and grade with my original instructor for shodan

-Improve my kicks, cardio and strength.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

first off I plan on earning my 1st Dan... scheduled to test for it in March. There are some requirements that I'm not sure I'll be able to satisfy this testing cycle, so I may have to push it off until June.

I need to get off of my butt and start some sort of routine where I regularly do some sit ups. I've always struggled with sit ups, and I know I need to put forth a lot more effort in order to get to a point where I can pump out 75+ like I want to be.

I also want to continue my training, so that I'm not feeling quite as lost as I have been of late. My forms I know can stand some real improvement, as well as many of my basic techniques

Exco

1st Dan Black Belt- Tang Soo Do

Certified Assistant Instructor Tang Soo Do

Another goal. Later in the year, I plan to go to the Beat the Crap Out of Cancer event. It's like Relay for Life, except with less running and more hitting each other with sticks. Proceeds go to American Cancer Society.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Well my first post for 2012, I hope that everyone achieves their goals and I hope to meet up with as many of you as I can this year

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Nidan in Youshitsune.

Up my grappling game by relaxing more and polishing technique.

The mission of my blog is to explore the connection between the skills learned in the dojo as a student of the martial arts and the skills that lead to a successful life. https://www.lifeskillsfromthedojo.com

https://www.facebook.com/lifeskillsfromthedojo