• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UFC 140

GaryMo

[quoteI wonder what is the condition of Tito's right rib cage. Machida kneed him there a couple of fights ago and he went down. In his last fight, I think that Tito was hit in the same spot and went limp. In this fight, Little Nog was aiming for the same spot. But Nog was punching with his weaker hand since Nog is a southpaw.

The look on Tito's face was interesting. That's the most pain I've seen any fighter display in years.

If I remember correctly In the Machida/Ortiz fight the the knee land on Tito's right side. Thus socking the liver if Nog hit the same spot again the liver was hit. Now if you've never took a good liver shot you are missing the experince of the body trying to shut down to protect its self. Or two he is getting soft in the body and can't take the shots anymore.

I've been hit in the liver before. Oddly enough, it was painful. And I thought I was going to crap in my pants. I lost bodily control and actually thought I was going to be pasted on youtube as the crappy guy.

But Tito was hit on his left side. I wrote right rib cage by mistake as though I was facing him. his liver is on located on the right side of his body. The only thing I could think of is that he had his ribs factured and it didn't heal properly leaving him a weak spot.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

He could have hit the spleen then it's similar to a liver shot. And as you eluded to he could have an injury that's not properly healed but I kinda have doubts about that. Tito from what I have noticed never seemed to take body shots all that well. He may have had an injury to that side coming into the fight, because not matter what a fight says they're never 100% going into a fight.

• 3 weeks later...
He could have hit the spleen then it's similar to a liver shot. And as you eluded to he could have an injury that's not properly healed but I kinda have doubts about that. Tito from what I have noticed never seemed to take body shots all that well. He may have had an injury to that side coming into the fight, because not matter what a fight says they're never 100% going into a fight.

Just caught the Overeem-Lesnar fight. Overeem did something that I've not seen strikers used on wrestlers. Upon stopping the takedown, Overeem immediately kneed Lesnar in the Liver.

Immediate as in Overeem was waiting for the takedown attempt which openned Lesnar's arms and thereby exposed his torso.

I wonder whether strikers will add this knee-to-the-liver take down defense like how they used to apply the crank & knee to the top of the head in Pride.