• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Out of the Torres camp. Keep your mats together and taped all. Luckily, according to the article, the chances of it occurring to you is pretty tiny. I'm going to check the tape on my mats personally, I know how much Mr. Murphy has it in for me.

http://jiujitsusweep.com/articles/freak-accident-jiu-jitsu/

There's a link to the photos of the injury down the page.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I did not click on the link because i think i have seen this picture before and i don't care to see it again.

As a person who has had their pinky toe turned at a 90 degree angle, i can say either wear wrestling shoes or tape your mats together.

One of my training partners spends about 50% of his time at that camp. He was there at the time and got to see it 1st hand. Gnarly stuff...

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

I had to finish taking the big toe nail off of one of our guys who was keeping folks off the wall, but that....gahhh!

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Wow! What a freak deal. I hope he recovers, and they can reconnect that somehow.

I check the pic, too. I've seen some pretty nasty stuff so far just being in law enforcement. That one ranks right up there.