• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing for Orange Belt

I haven't been on here in awhile, but I guess that's what happens when you lose internet lol.

So, Wednesday the 14th, I am testing for my Orange belt. Very excited but slightly nervous. I am imagining that's a good thing though, since that means I actually care.

We've been learning the Bo Staff and I am LOVING it. A friend is coming over today to run me through form for about an hour or so because that's what I think I need more help on.

I can't wait.

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Crimson_Lotus -- I think that usually the best thing for a cold is to just let it take its course. Rest, drink a lot of liquids, etc. Once, though, I had a bad cold on testing day, and really wanted to test, so I took some Dayquil. It did the trick for me, i.e. dried up the cold enough to enable me to perform well. Of course I got slammed with it that much harder the next day, but I didn't care, I was happy because I'd passed! Good luck. :)

Good luck!!!

The mission of my blog is to explore the connection between the skills learned in the dojo as a student of the martial arts and the skills that lead to a successful life. https://www.lifeskillsfromthedojo.com

https://www.facebook.com/lifeskillsfromthedojo

I think I will be following the same path you did. Keep myself good at least until after the test. We don't have class next week for the holiday weekend, so if it gets bad, I can just rest it out lol.

Thanks!

Crimson_Lotus -- I think that usually the best thing for a cold is to just let it take its course. Rest, drink a lot of liquids, etc. Once, though, I had a bad cold on testing day, and really wanted to test, so I took some Dayquil. It did the trick for me, i.e. dried up the cold enough to enable me to perform well. Of course I got slammed with it that much harder the next day, but I didn't care, I was happy because I'd passed! Good luck. :)

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of the Navy Seals

• 2 weeks later...