• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

woud you ever use a flashy move on a self defense situation?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i've heard of a few scraps which are ended with some wacky kicks. But the openings for which those techniques are the best safe response are a lot less common than more conservative techniques.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Yeah, i've heard of a few scraps which are ended with some wacky kicks. But the openings for which those techniques are the best safe response are a lot less common than more conservative techniques.
in a scale of 1-10 how hard woud it be for someone to give a head kick in the respective catagories -decent martial artist -good martial artist with very respectable kicks - extremely good athlete,lets say a bb in tkd(no mcdojo) very solid fighter, and i am not having ideias

in a scale of 1-10 how hard woud it be for someone to give a head kick in the respective catagories -decent martial artist -good martial artist with very respectable kicks - extremely good athlete,lets say a bb in tkd(no mcdojo) very solid fighter, and i am not having ideias

It doesn't matter who does it, or how well they do it. If it works it works, why does there have to be any more than that?

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

It's not a matter of how difficult it is for the martial artist to do. It's a matter of how much the guy the martial artist is fighting messes up to make the flashy move feasible.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

It appears here you are trying again to quantify something that can't really be quantified. You are also adding in so many variables between skill sets and athletic ability that makes it even harder to establish a base line. I guess one thing you could do is watch a myriad of fight footage, both street fights and professional fights of varying levels, and then do a statistical analysis of the kicks thrown, landed, and that cause knockouts. You could also figure the percentage of total techniques that kicks thrown are (depending on if you count knee strikes as kicks will affect the stats).

What's important is training for the proper strategies and tactics, and fitting the proper techiques to them when necessary.