• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MMA fighter defends himself in mugging

Passing this on for information. I won't say that attacking an armed individual is ever the tactically best selection. However, if you're going to press this fight this is a good outcome.

http://jiujitsusweep.com/articles/convicted-felon-chose-wrong-man-rob-mma-fighter/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

He gave up money, got out of the car, and was following orders before attacking. Sounds to me like he was trying to comply, but for some reason acted out of fear. Maybe he was told to do something that he could not give in to. He must have felt it was a necessary course of action.

I wonder if he actually used the phrase "ultimate fighting champion." I know guys with belts, and I've never heard that phrase used.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Looked more as though the mugger did something to make himself a non-threat for a moment. He had already in a minor way moved crime scenes, so that seems like a reasonable response.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Glad to see the robber finally got what-for. I tell students if someone asks for your money, give it to them. But, if you think things are starting to go bad, and being ordered to move or go elsewhere could lead to that, then kudos to him for staying aware and taking advantage of his training and the situation.

Good guy wins. The way it should be.